Thursday 21 April 2016

3 Day Apple Juice Fast




So, I exercise between 3 - 5 days a week. Three of those days each include a one hour intense workout (Piloxing, Zumba, Zumba Toning). The rest of the week I use a vibration plate or my home gym. My diet is very clean. I don't eat red meats, wheat or sugar. I have cut down dairy to either feta or mozzarella cheese and occasionally milk in my coffee.

I have not lost a single kilogram in almost a year of continuing to work hard and eat right. It makes no sense and I am extremely frustrated.

I was assessed recently and it came to my attention that my hormones were out of balance. The cause? ... Tryphasil (contraceptive pill). It made my oestrogen levels excessive and my progesterone levels very low - which is how the pills works in the first place but it is not natural in any way and it could be the main reason as to why I can't lose weight, my mood swings etc.

I therefore decided to come off the contraceptive with the hope to get my hormones rebalanced. It has been 2 months - no changes in weight but I am 100 times more happier and I feel like myself again. Which is great! Except I still have not lost any weight.

After doing some research and finding out that hormones are processed through the liver - and also accepting that I have been drinking WAY too much coffee - I have decided that I am going to do a fast to help cleanse my body.

I have previously done a 5 day fast - but I have chosen to rather go for the 3 day fast this time because I am so active.

I will record each day of my fast explaining what I experience, how I feel etc. Starting from Monday! Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment